About Still Aware
At Still Aware our focus is to bring about much needed awareness to the tragic event of a baby born still.
- Every year more than 2000 babies are born still in Australia.
- Daily 6 babies are born still in Australia…that’s one baby, one family, every 4 hours.
- Twice the amount of the National Road Toll
- For every baby that dies of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), 35 are stillborn in Australia
Our Still Aware mission is to…
- Raise awareness of stillbirth in Australia - to all people, including health care professionals responsible for the care of pregnant women
- Lift the level of understanding to that of SIDS
- Empower mothers to trust their babies and trust their instincts through regular third trimester self-monitoring and following their “gut” to insist on and feel comfortable asking for a check-up
- Bring about change to the way in which we talk about and acknowledge a baby born still