Twilight market, butterfly release & family friendly picnic.
A birthday celebration for babies chasing butterflies in the sky.
"Alfie's Butterfly Market"
Gardens of Partridge House
38 Partridge St
Glenelg SA 5045
12th of February, every year
4:00pm - 7:00pm
The Twilight Market will showcase plenty of local handmade goodness. If you or your business wish to host a stall at the Twilight Market, please Register by clicking here.
In Memory of Alfie
Still Aware was formed by mother to a baby born still, at 40 weeks in South Australia. Alfie Foord-Heath was born without breath on February 12, 2014. With no rhyme or reason for the death of this healthy baby girl, her mother and father - with the guidance of an advisory board and your help - aim to change how we talk about stillbirth prior to the tragedy, raising awareness in hopes of prevention.
To honour the babies who are no longer with us earth-side, we release live butterflies at twilight ,to send our birthday wishes up to them in the sky. Butterflies are available for pre-purchase.
About Still Aware
At Still Aware our focus is to bring about much needed awareness to the tragic event of a baby born still.
- Every year more than 2000 babies are born still in Australia.
- Daily 6 babies are born still in Australia…that’s one baby, one family, every 4 hours.
- For every baby that dies of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), 35 are stillborn in Australia
Our Still Aware mission is to…
- Raise awareness of stillbirth in Australia - to all people, including health care professionals responsible for the care of pregnant women
- Lift the level of understanding to that of SIDS
- Empower mothers to trust their babies and trust their instincts through regular third trimester self-monitoring and following their “gut” to insist on and feel comfortable asking for a check-up
- Bring about change to the way in which we talk about and acknowledge a baby born still